Official Contest Rules Data.com
Connect Quarterly Contest
1. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Connect Quarterly Contest (“Contest”) constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, administrators and Salesforce.com, inc.,(“Sponsor” or “Salesforce”), which are final and binding in all aspects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to individuals whom are (i) a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec), (ii) at least 18 years or older or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry and (iii) a member of Data.com Connect as of 12:00 AM PST on December 1, 2018 and maintain this distinction until the contest is over at 11:59 PM PST on February 28, 2019 and throughout the contest evaluation period, which may last up to, and possibly including, March 8, 2019. Employees or government officials of any government entity, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees and K-12 employees are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest and compete, members that meet the eligibility criteria must add or update IT and/or IS contacts from 12:00 AM PST December 1, 2018 to 11:59 PM PST on February 28, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). Contacts who are employees at a college or university will not constitute entries for the purpose of the contest. To be considered eligible, entries must be both submitted and processed before the contest deadline on February 28, 2019, 11:59 PM PST; this deadline also applies to contacts submitted via the bulk upload feature in Connect. To ensure the contacts added via the bulk upload feature are processed in time to qualify for the contest, please ensure you submit your files for processing at least five business days before the contest submission deadline on February 28, 2019 11:59 PM PST. Please practice best contribution guidelines.
Each individual may only enter and compete under one Data.com Connect Account.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: The nature, value and number of prizes depend on your Data.com Connect membership category: Data Defender, Rainmaker, or community. For eligible entrants in the Data Defender category, there will be one (1) winner receiving a prize. For eligible entrants in the Rainmaker category or the community category, there will be two (2) winners who will each receive a prize. For the community category, there will be two (2) winners who will each receive a prize. In the Data Defender category, the winner will receive a US $250 gift card. In the Rainmaker Category, each of the two (2) winners will receive a US $150 gift card. Gift card winners located in the US will receive AmEx gift cards, and gift card winners located in Canada may choose to receive either an AmEx gift card or an Amazon Canada gift card in the Canadian dollar equivalent of the US prize amount, based on the exchange rate on the day of the purchase of the gift card. In the community category, each of the two (2) winners will receive 500 points added to their accounts and a US $100 gift card. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes. Winners are subject to the gift card terms and conditions, including but not limited to, expiration dates. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. For the one (1) Data Defender prize, the approximate retail value of each is $250 and the approximate total retail value is US $250. For the two (2) Rainmaker prizes, approximate retail value of each is US $150 and the total approximate retail value is US $300. For the two (2) community prizes, the approximate retail value of each is US $600 and the total approximate retail value is US $1,200. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is US $1,750. The prizes are subject to availability and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except Salesforce reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Salesforce may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: The selection of the winners depends on your Data.com Connect membership category. For eligible entrants in the Data Defender category, the winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period has the greatest combined number of added and updated IT/IS contacts. For the eligible entrants in the Rainmaker category, one winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period adds the greatest number of IT/IS contacts, and the other winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period updates the greatest number of IT/IS contacts. For the entrants in the community category, one winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period adds the greatest number of IT/IS contacts, and the other winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period updates the greatest number of IT/IS contacts. Winners will be announced on or before March 8th, 2019. The announcement will be made by a representative of Sponsor’s Data.com Connect Marketing Department and advised by a member of Sponsor’s legal department. Submissions will be checked for validity and accuracy. Added or updated contacts that fail to meet validity and accuracy requirements will not be counted and entrants that fail to meet validity or accuracy standards will be disqualified. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded. There is a limit of one prize per person. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified by approximately March 8th, 2019. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the Competition closing date unless notified otherwise.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received and the skill of the entrant relative to other entrants, and therefore cannot be determined.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this Contest. As a condition of entering this Contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of this Contest has been compromised in any way. Should the Contest be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded will be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
9. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE CONTEST; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Contest. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future contests.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, actual or alleged claims, and causes of action at law or in equity, (“Claims”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the interpretation of the Official rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws. Claims will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
13. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, Data.com Connect Winter 2018 Quarterly Contest, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by March 10, 2019.
14. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.