byBrashEarl3609-23-201610:33 AM - edited 09-23-201610:37 AM
Are you struggling to use the phone to set more appointments? Are you discouraged by the thought of speaking with prospects the "old-fashioned way" and hoping that you can get by with email alone? Here's a pep talk to help restart your engine and jump back on the bus of successful phone prospecting!
1) Prospects will take calls. If your offer has value and you have done your homework, most prospects will be more than happy to listen to what you have to say.
2) Prospects will return phone calls. If your offer has value and you have done your homework, many prospects will return your call and then be more than happy to listen to what you have to say.
3) A lot of times, they say “yes.” This is actually true.
4) They are not avoiding you. Why should your prospects be avoiding you? They don’t even know you.
5) If you are speaking with a prospect who tells you they have a vendor or supplier that makes them a qualified prospect. It means that this prospect buys what you are selling.
6) You will know what to say if you do your homework ahead of time. The question you want to ask yourself, before you get on the telephone, is: “Why should this prospect be interested in my offering?” When you get your prospect on the telephone, (or leave a voice mail or send an email) make sure to lead with that answer.
7) High-level decision-makers can be quite nice and willing to speak with you if you have something of value to say. See #1 above.
8) Prospecting is a communication skill and, like any communication skill, it can be learned and improved upon. It is up to you to improve your skills. Do whatever it takes to gain the skills that you need to be successful.
Wendy Weiss, is known as The Queen of Cold Calling™. She is an author, speaker, sales trainer, and sales coach. She is recognized as one of the leading authorities on lead generation, cold calling and new business development. Her clients include Avon Products, ADP, Sprint and thousands of entrepreneurs throughout the country.
Don’t forget to join us on Thursday, September 29th at 10:00 am PT, when Wendy will present the free webinar, “Your Message = Your Money.” Click here to learn more and register!