a month ago
I recently completed a bulk submission of almost 1,200 current, accurate, & verified contacts (Certiied Tank Inspectors) but less than 20% of the contacts were accepted. A search for "Certiied Tank Inspector" returned only 150 contacts, so the contacts I submitted don't appear to be duplicates of contacts you already have. Can you please explin why so few of my contacts were accepted?
a month ago - last edited a month ago
This forum section is typically not monitored by staff, but by users like yourself who can help with most questions (hint: I'm also a user).
There can be a number of reasons why a contact is not accepted for submission. These include:
- email address already exists is the #1 reason.
- the company that represents the email domain does not exist in the database yet.
- email address contains a generic ID instead of a name. Example: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
- contact is located in an unsupported country like Europe, Africa, South America.
- contact submission is missing a data field (first name, last name, title).
- another user has already submitted your contacts and they are awaiting approval.
Also keep in mind that it can take 2 weeks or more for contacts that you submit to show up in a search. This gives the specific contact an opportunity to opt out of being listed prior to being found in the database.
In your example, it may very well be the case that the email address already exists, but has a different job title.