Official Contest Rules Data.com
Connect Winter 2017 Quarterly Kudos Contest
1. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Connect Quarterly Contest (“Contest”) constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, administrators and Salesforce.com, inc.,(“Sponsor” or “Salesforce”), which are final and binding in all aspects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to individuals whom are (i) a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec), (ii) at least 18 years or older or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry and (iii) a member of Data.com Connect as of 12:00 AM PST on December 1, 2017 and maintain this distinction until the contest is over at 11:59 PM PST on February 28, 2018 and throughout the contest evaluation period, which may last up to, and possibly including, March 8, 2018. Employees or government officials of any government entity, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees and K-12 employees are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, between 12:00 am PST on December 1st, 2017, and 11:59 pm PST on February 28th, 2018 (the “Contest Period”), either:
a. On the Data.com Connect community site, The Corner (http://community.data.com/), take one (1) or more of the following actions and receive at least one (1) kudo for the action: A) answer a question on Ask The Experts (http://community.data.com/t5/Ask-the-Experts/bdp/NewSiteFeedback), B) post a new thread on All Things Sales (http://community.data.com/t5/All-Things-Sales/bd-p/theartofselling), C) post a new thread on All Things Marketing (http://community.data.com/t5/All-Things-Marketing/bd-p/allthingsmarketing), or D) post a new thread on The Water Cooler (http://community.data.com/t5/The-Water-Cooler/bd-p/WaterCooler). Only kudos for the first five (5) actions per person, per day during (12:00 am PST December 1, 2017 -11:59 pm PST February 28, 2018) will qualify. For every one (1) kudo received by a member of Data.com Connect (“member”), said member will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes.
b. During the Contest Period, email email@example.com with subject line of “Enter me in The Winter 2017 Kudos Contest,” and include in the body of the email, your Connect screen name, your first and last name, home address, phone number, Data.com Connect user name, and email address. For every valid email received up to a maximum of five (5) emails per day, you will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. Emails must be received between 12:00 am PST on December 1st, 2017 and 11:59 pm PST on February 28th, 2018.
Please note that for any of these actions to be considered valid contest entries, the content of the answers and posts must adhere to the Data.com Connect Community Guidelines & Netiquette Guidelines (http://community.data.com/t5/Guidelines/bd-p/Guidelines). Only current members in good standing of Data.com Connect with no major warnings or undergoing investigations are eligible to enter and/or win.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: Five (5) winners will be chosen in total. Each winner will receive Amazon gift card codes valued at $250 and a variety of Connect-branded items. The retail value of the Connect-branded items is approximately $50 each. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is approximately US $1,500.00. The actual value may vary based on availability of Connect branded items and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except Salesforce (“Sponsor”) reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Sponsor may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Five (5) winners will be chosen at random by the 3rd business day following the end of the contest period by a representative of the salesforce.com Data.com Connect Community Marketing department and advised by a member of the salesforce.com Legal department. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded or donated. If the Data.com Connect team has concerns regarding the quality of the information in the submissions or the kudos, the entrant may be disqualified from this and future contests. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified by the 7th business day following the end of the contest period. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the Competition closing date unless notified otherwise.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received and the skill of the entrant relative to other entrants, and therefore cannot be determined.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this Contest. As a condition of entering this Contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of this Contest has been compromised in any way. Should the Contest be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded will be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
9. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE CONTEST; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Contest. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future contests.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, actual or alleged claims, and causes of action at law or in equity, (“Claims”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Claims arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the interpretation of the Official rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws. Claims will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
13. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, Data.com Connect Winter 2017 Kudos Contest, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by March 10, 2018.
14. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.