Official Contest Rules Data.com Connect
Spring 2016 Testimonials Contest
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter. To enter, between 12:00 am PST March 8th, 2016 and 11:59 pm PST March 31st, 2016 (the “Contest Period”) email email@example.com with subject line of “Testimonials Contest Submission” and sign the General Personal and Promotional Materials Release form. You are limited to one (1) entry per person for this contest. Photographs must be submitted in digital format. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in PNG, JPEG, or JPG format, and must be at least 300 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall and with a no greater than 3x5 (width by height) pixel ratio. The photograph, in its entirety, must be owned by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph owned solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. Watermarks are not acceptable. Submitters are required to sign and return a publicity/liability release within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. All submissions must adhere to the Data.com Connect Community Guidelines & Netiquette Guidelines. Only current members in good standing of Data.com Connect with no major warnings or ongoing investigations are eligible to enter and/or win.
2. PRIZE DETAILS: Every member submitting photo and copy that is in accordance with our Netiquette Guidelines will receive a $25 USD Amazon gift card code. Up to fifteen (15) grand prize winners will be chosen in total via a vote of members of the Data.com Connect team (“Judges”). Each grand prize winner will receive American Express gift cards valued at $100 USD and a variety of Connect-branded items. The photos of the grand prize winners will be featured on the Data.com Connect logged-in home page. The retail value of the Connect-branded items is approximately $50 USD each. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is approximately $4,750.00 USD. The actual value may vary based on number of participants and the availability of Connect branded items and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except Salesforce (“Sponsor”) reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Sponsor may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
3. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Up to fifteen (15) grand prize winners will be chosen by vote by members of the Data.com Connect team and advised by a member of the salesforce.com Legal department. The entry eligibility is at the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Judging will consist of one (1) round of evaluation. The Judges will select Grand Prize Winners from among the submissions. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded or donated. If the Judges have concerns regarding the quality of the information in the submissions or the nature of the photograph submitted, the entrant may be disqualified from this and future contests. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified by April 8th, 2016. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the contest is compromised. To win a prize, entrants in Canada must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a manner to be determined by Sponsor.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received, and therefore cannot be determined prior to the conclusion of the contest.
5. ELIGIBILITY: You must be (A) an individual legally residing in the United States or Canada (other than Quebec), and (B) 21 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Companies and residents of Quebec, Canada are not eligible. Companies and employees of salesforce.com, inc., or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. If you enter this sweepstakes on behalf of a Company, you warrant that you are authorized to enter on its behalf. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
6. LICENSE: By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to the Sponsor, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display on any websites owned by the Sponsor or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant's "moral rights" in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on the Sponsor's website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to the Sponsor the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. The Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Offer is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating, you expressly acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins that Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner's name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification as required by the Rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce.com, inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this sweepstakes. As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce.com, inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should it determine in its sole discretion that the administration, security or fairness of this sweepstakes has been compromised in any way. Should the sweepstakes be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded may be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
9. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE CONTEST; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future Sweepstakes.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, Testimonials Contest Winners, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States. Requests must be received by May 1st, 2016.
13. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.