Official Sweepstakes Rules Data.com
Connect Season of Giving 2016
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
2. TO ENTER: To enter, either:
a. To be eligible to enter, you must be a member of Data.com Connect as of 12:00AM PST on December 14, 2016 and maintain this distinction until the contest is over at 11:59PM PST on January 14, 2017 and throughout the contest evaluation period, which may last up to, and possibly including, January 24, 2017. Add a minimum of ten (10) contacts between 12:00AM PST December 14, 2016 and 11:59 PST on January 14, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Contacts who are employees at a college or university will not constitute entries for the purpose of the contest. To be considered eligible, entries must be both submitted and processed before the contest deadline on January 14, 2017, 11:59 pm PST; this deadline also applies to contacts submitted via the bulk upload feature in Connect. To ensure the contacts added via the bulk upload feature are processed in time to qualify for the contest, please ensure you submit your files for processing at least five business days before the contest submission deadline on January 14th, 11:59 pm PST. Please practice best contribution guidelines.
Each individual may only enter and compete under one Data.com Connect Account.
b. During the Sweepstakes Period, email email@example.com with subject line of “Enter me into Season of Giving Sweepstakes 2016,” and include in the body of the email your first and last name, home address, phone number, and email address. For every valid email received, you will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. There is a limit of one prize per person. Only members in good standing of Data.com Connect are eligible to enter.
3. PRIZE DETAILS: Four (4) winners will be chosen. The first place winner will receive one (1) MacBook Air. The second place will receive one (1) US $250 American Express gift card. The third place winner will receive one (1) US $100 American Express gift card. The fourth place winner will receive one (1) US $50 American Express gift card. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is US $1,999.00. The prizes are subject to availability and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Sponsor may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
4. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Four (4) winners will be chosen at random on January 16, 2017 by a representative of the salesforce.com Data.com Connect Community Marketing department and advised by a member of the salesforce.com Legal department. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded or donated. If the Data.com Connect team has concerns regarding the quality of the data in the submissions, the entrant may be disqualified from this and future contests. You need not be present to win. Prize winners will be attempted to be notified by January 24, 2017. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return an declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the sweepstakes is compromised. To win a prize, entrants in Canada must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a manner to be determined by Sponsor.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received and the skill of the entrant relative to other entrants, and therefore cannot be determined.
6. ELIGIBILITY: You must be (A) an individual legally residing in the United States or Canada (other than Quebec), and be (B) 21 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Companies and residents of Quebec, Canada are not eligible. Companies and employees of salesforce.com, inc., or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. If you enter this sweepstakes on behalf of a Company, you warrant that you are authorized to enter on its behalf. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce.com, inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this Contest. As a condition of entering this Contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce.com, inc. reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of this Contest has been compromised in any way. Should the Contest be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded will be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
9. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE CONTEST; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Contest. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future contests.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, Data.com Connect Season of Giving 2016 Contest, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by April 30th, 2017.
13. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.