Official Data.com Connect
Kudos Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
2. TO ENTER: To enter, between 12:00 am PST of the first day of the calendar month and 11:59 pm PST of the last day of the calendar month (the “Contest Period”) either:
a. On the Data.com Connect community site The Corner (http://community.data.com/), take one (1) or more of the following actions and receive at least one (1) kudo for the action: A) answer a question on Ask The Experts (http://community.data.com/t5/Ask-the-Experts/bdp/NewSiteFeedback), B) post a new thread on All Things Sales (http://community.data.com/t5/All-Things-Sales/bd-p/theartofselling), or C) post a new thread on The Water Cooler (http://community.data.com/t5/The-Water-Cooler/bd-p/WaterCooler). Only kudos for the first five (5) actions per person, per day during (12:00 am PST-11:59 pm PST) will qualify. For every one (1) kudo received by a member of Data.com Connect (“member”), said member will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes.
b. During the Contest Period, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of “Enter me in The Corner Kudos Monthly Contest,” and include in the body of the email the month for which you are entering, your first and last name, home address, phone number, Data.com Connect user name, and email address. For every valid email received up to a maximum of five (5) emails per day, you will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. Emails must be received between 12:00 am PST of the first day of the contest period calendar month for which your are entering and 11:59 pm PST of the last day of the contest period calendar month for which your are entering.
Please note that for any of these actions to be considered valid contest entries, the content of the answers and posts must adhere to the Data.com Connect Community Guidelines & Netiquette Guidelines. Only current members in good standing of Data.com Connect with no major warnings or undergoing investigations are eligible to enter and/or win.
3. PRIZE DETAILS: Ten (10) winners will be chosen in total. Each winner will receive Amazon gift card codes valued at $50 and a variety of Connect-branded items. The retail value of the Connect-branded items is approximately $50 each. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is approximately US $1,000.00 per month. The actual value may vary based on availability of Connect branded items and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except Salesforce (“Sponsor”) reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Sponsor may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
4. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Ten (10) winners will be chosen at random by the 3rd business day following the end of the contest period by a representative of the salesforce.com Data.com Connect Community Marketing department and advised by a member of the salesforce.com Legal department. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded or donated. If the Data.com Connect team has concerns regarding the quality of the information in the submissions or the kudos, the entrant may be disqualified from this and future contests. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified by the 7th business day following the end of the contest period. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the sweepstakes is compromised. To win a prize, entrants in Canada must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in a manner to be determined by Sponsor.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received.
6. ELIGIBILITY: You must be a legal resident of and currently residing in the United States of America or Canada that is 18 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to enter. Companies and employees of salesforce.com, inc., or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. If you enter this sweepstakes on behalf of a Company, you warrant that you are authorized to enter on its behalf. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Offer is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating, you expressly acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce.com, inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this sweepstakes. As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce.com, inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should it determine in its sole discretion that the administration, security or fairness of this sweepstakes has been compromised in any way. Should the sweepstakes be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded may be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
9. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT IMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE RISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future Sweepstakes.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, The Corner Kudos Sweepstakes Winners, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States. Requests must be received by the 25th business day following the end of the contest period.
13. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., Data.com Connect, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.