Official Contest Rules Data.com
Connect Quarterly Contest
1. TO ENTER: To be eligible to enter, you must be a member of Data.com Connect as of 12:00AM PST on September 9, 2015 and maintain this distinction until the contest is over on November 30th, 2015 and throughout the contest evaluation period, which may last up to, and possibly including, December 9th, 2015. To compete, members must add or update contacts from 12:00AM PST September 9, 2015 to 11:59 PST on November 30, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”) in the following ways: 1) Make a major update to a title, 2) Reactive a contact, or 3) Add a new contact. Major updates to a title are defined as ones that cause a change in the job level or department of the contact is also a major update. For example, changing a title from Director of Engineering to Vice President of Engineering is a major update. Contacts who are students at a college or university and not employed by any company, organization, or government entity will not constitute entries for the purpose of the contest. Deactivations currently active contacts will not constitute entries for the purpose of the contest. Please practice best contribution guidelines.
Each individual may only enter and compete under one Data.com Connect Account.
2. PRIZE DETAILS: The nature, value and number of prizes depend on your Data.com Connect membership category: Data Defender, Rainmaker, or community. For entrants in the Data Defender category, there will be one winner that is awarded a prize. For entrants in the Rainmaker category or the community category, there will be two winners per category who are each awarded a prize. the two categories are defined as adds (adding a new contact or updates (making a major update to a title or reactivating a contact). For the Data Defender category, the winner will receive a $100 AmEx Gift Card. For the Rainmaker Category, each of the two winners will receive round- trip economy air transportation for one person within the continental United States (not to exceed $700 per round-trip ticket) between a major commercial airport closest to the winner’s residence and the Las Vegas, Nevada airport to attend ConnectCon’16. In the community category, each of the two winners will receive 1,000 points added to their accounts and Data.com Connect branded merchandise consisting of a few of the following: backpacks, umbrellas, shirts, sweaters, etc. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes, as well as food, lodging, ground transportation and insurance. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. For the one (1) Data Defender prize, the approximate retail value of each is $100 and the approximate total retail value is $100. For the two (2) Rainmaker prizes, approximate retail value of each is $300 and the total approximate retail value is $600. For the two (2) community prizes, the approximate retail value of each is $400 and the total approximate retail value is $800. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is $1500.00. The prizes are subject to availability and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except salesforce.com reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. For the prizes for the Rainmaker category, Sponsor will provide winners with travel dates and location in advance, which Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion. Travel must be taken on or before November 2015 and must be reserved fifteen (15) days in advance or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Salesforce.com may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
3. AWARDING OF PRIZES: The selection of the winners depends on your Data.com Connect membership category. For entrants in the Data Defender category, the winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period has the greatest combined number of (1) added contacts and (2) updated contacts. For the entrants in the Rainmaker category, one winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period adds the greatest number of contacts, and the other winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period updates the greatest number of contacts. For the entrants in the community category, one winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period adds the greatest number of contacts, and the other winner will be the entrant who during the Promotion Period updates the greatest number of contacts. Winners will be announced December 9, 2015. The announcement will be made by a representative of Sponsor’s Data.com Connect Marketing Department and advised by a member of Sponsor’s legal department. Submissions will be checked for validity and accuracy of direct dial phone numbers. Added or updated contacts that fail to meet validity and accuracy requirements will not be counted and entrants that fail to meet validity or accuracy standards will be disqualified. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded. There is a limit of one prize per person. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified by approximately 2:00PM PT, December 9th, 2015. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the Competition closing date unless notified otherwise.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received and the skill of the entrant relative to other entrants, and therefore cannot be determined.
5. ELIGIBILITY: You must be either be a company registered in the United States or Canada or an individual legally residing in the United States or Canada that is 21 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to enter. Companies and employees of salesforce.com, inc. or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including their immediate family and household members, are not eligible.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce.com, inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this Contest. As a condition of entering this Contest, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce.com, inc. reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of this Contest has been compromised in any way. Should the Contest be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded will be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
8. RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE CONTEST; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST.
9. FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Contest. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future contests.
11. LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Justin Royal, Data.com Connect Direct Dials Contest, The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by August 1, 2015.
12. SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.