09-26-2016 10:19 AM - edited 09-26-2016 10:20 AM
Good morning everybody,
We've been made aware of an error that a few members encountered while updating contacts and companies over the weekend and this morning. Members were being prompted to "Please select a country above" when making an update but were unable to select any country from the drop-down menu. Members who reported this issue were able to correct it by try logging out of their account, and while on the main website page, clicking Ctrl and F5 keys on the keyboard at the same time to do a hard refresh. After logging back in, the country should reappear, and you should be able to make contact/company updates. Please let me know if you have any questions!
09-27-2016 09:15 AM
09-28-2016 10:09 AM - last edited on 09-28-2016 11:22 AM by ConnectRep
I tried using the control F5 to refresh but I'm still unable to add new contacts. Any other way to fix?
09-28-2016 11:24 AM
@VastCab33 we've received a few reports that some members may have to do the control F5 refresh a few times before it works. Could you please try refreshing a few more times and let me know if that works?
PS - you'll see that your message was "edited." We try to maintain as much anonymity on the Corner as possible to help protect our members' privacy, so I removed your name from the thread.
09-30-2016 08:16 AM
I still recommend the control + F5 approach, but before you do hit those keys, please close out all other windows, go to the actual database (connect.data.com) and log out from that screen - NOT from the community boards (community.data.com). Could you please let us know if you're able to update as expected after going this route?
10-04-2016 10:23 AM
@WholePark75 thank you for reaching out to our technical support team regarding this case. I see that our team has received your case and is currently working on it. They will be in touch with you regarding next steps for troubleshooting.
10-05-2016 01:08 PM
1. log off your Connect account
2. delete cache, cookies and browsing history from your browser settings
3. open a new browser window, type in connect.data.com and press enter
4. PRIOR to log in of your account at the log in screen, click on CONTROL F5 keys at the same time and allow the website to
recycle (should only take a few seconds but crucial)
5. log onto your account and try the action again
6. if country required , drop down does not appear, log off your account and try a different browser (chrome, fire-fox, safari)
7. repeat steps 2-5 again on the new browser
Still if the Country option does not work go to our Windows option (if you have Windows):
1. From the Windows icon lower left screen click on ICON and find THIS or MY PC
2. Click on CONTROL PANEL
3. Click on INTERNET OPTIONS
4. At the Internet Properties box scroll down about 2/3’s and under Browsing History check the box delete browsing history on exit and click on DELETE
5. In the box Delete Browsing History check only Temporary Internet Files and Website files, Cookies and website data, History, and Passwords and click on DELETE
6. Allow the system to cycle, when completed try adding the contact/company again
If still no dropdown on Country try the troubleshooting steps, let me know the outcome.
Naked Sales: Use Design Thinking to Reveal What Customers Care About & Drive Revenue
Presented by Ashley Welch
10:00 am PDT
Selling the Future: 3 Surprising Principles Modern Sellers Need to Master
Presented by David Priemer
10:00 am PDT
Learn more about how you can win $250 by sharing your Connect knowledge, contributing to the Community, and helping other members!Read the blog post