04-03-2018 08:38 AM
I'm new and considering purchasing a membership, mostly to gather email lists for running surveys.
I want to know about the global reach of the contact data – is it global? Is it mostly from the US or is there a good spread around the world?
Thanks for letting me know!
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-03-2018 09:20 AM
@FairText85A good question, and one that comes up frequently.
Simply, the data is from the following countries : Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa and of course, the USA.
Privacy laws restrict the adding of data from other countries.
04-03-2018 10:50 AM
Thanks for letting me know. But I've been doing a few random searches and the lists I'm getting are 97% US-based people. Is that about right?? It really matters: I'm running a survey and will need a fairly even spread.
04-03-2018 11:49 AM - edited 04-03-2018 02:39 PM
@FairText85 the last I checked, the database was around 75-80% USA based.
Canada and the UK were the second largest sources (slight edge in number to Canada). However, the UK had been removed from the database, and I would put the USA as now being around 85% of the listed addresses
However, that is questionable, as several people who work for multinational organizations, are entered (with US addresses) because the person who loaded them may not have had a local address. This is most common between Canada and the USA. If there is a direct dial, this can give it away (Canadian area code, but a USA address - means the person is likely located in Canada)...and since the largest number of employees are likely in the USA, the default address when entering a contact is probably a US based one...
04-04-2018 06:41 AM - edited 04-04-2018 06:45 AM
@FairText85 a quick general search yielded the following (I was curious myself, given how long it has been since I looked at the numbers)
USA 16,359,208 contacts
Australia 236,594 contacts
Brazil 4,150 contacts
Canada 847,541 contacts
India 85,631 contacts
New Zealand 21,940 contacts
Singapore 34,495 contacts
South Africa 20,564 contacts
04-04-2018 09:09 AM
Thanks everyone, that's fantastically helpful! It's a shame it's so heavily skewed to the US, but I might be able to work around that by purchasing a few from different providers or by selecting as many as possible from other countries.
Can I filter by country when I go through the select-to-basket bit? I can't seem to see that option.
Anyway, thanks again!
04-04-2018 09:20 AM - edited 04-04-2018 12:29 PM
@FairText85 To answer your question, and a few other things.
1. Yes you can filter by country. In the "Advanced Search" page/area, there are several options from postal code, or telephone code, all the way through to country. Within the larger federation countries (Australia, Canada, etc.) you can even search within a state/province. In the USA and Canada you can search by metro area. Once again, keep in mind, that there are likely to be several people who are actually not in that geography, but are tied to a corporate office, owing to a lack of their actual location having been specifically entered.
2. If you start your reply post with the "@" symbol, you will be given the option of having an email notification sent to that person so they may know that you have responded. This helps speed response.
3. Please note, we try to keep things confidential here, and as such, you should not sign off on your posts with your actual name (although just a first name is not likely to be too specific)
04-04-2018 09:31 AM
Brilliant, thank you, you're so helpful!
1.) Ah, I see that now, thank you. I had completely missed the Advanced search button. I'm being a bit of a digital moron today. Yes, I will not split hairs over a few people not being in the stated geography, but it at least gives me some chance of breaking out of the US borders.
2) @TelecomWiz If I could Kudos you more, I would.
3) Duly noted. I think it would be hard to track me down anyway and I have nothing to hide, but I want to respect the rules.
Regardless, thanks again